Amex Reiseschecks

19.08.2010 12:39
#1 Amex Reiseschecks
sehr erfahrenes Mitglied

Auf einer Havanna Webseite habe ich gerade gelesen, dass Amex Reiseschecks in Cuba von der BFI akzeptiert werden. Kann das jemand aus erster Hand bestätigen?

Zitat

April 2, 2010 |
Question: I went to get some Amex travellers cheques today to be told that they are no longer accepted and to take cash. As I’m in the country for a month I don’t want to do this. Any advice?
Answer: In a phone consultation with the Banco Financiero Internacional in Vedado, they say that American Express traveller’s cheques are acceptable in Cuba and that they can be cashed at any of their branches throughout the country. This includes their small branches which are located in many tourist hotels.
There is a fixed exchange rate and commission charge, which totals 14%, for using American Express traveller’s cheques. This means that for $100, you would receive CUC 86 (CUC is pesos convertibles).
To use your American Express traveller’s cheques in Cuba, it is required that you have the receipt showing that you purchased them, and that this receipt indicates the number series of your cheques. Without this receipt, you will not be able to use your cheques in Cuba.

HavanaTimes. org

Antworten

Beitrag melden
19.08.2010 12:47 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 19.08.2010 12:48)
#2 RE: Amex Reiseschecks
Rey/Reina del Foro

Zitat

There is a fixed exchange rate and commission charge, which totals 14%, for using American Express traveller’s cheques. This means that for $100, you would receive CUC 86 (CUC is pesos convertibles).

Falls sie die American Express traveller’s cheques in Dollar nehmen, wäre es trotzdem ein schlechter Tausch!
Besser wäre Traveller cheques in Euro, Kreditkarte oder Bargeld, zwecks besserem Umtauschkurs!

castro
patria o muerte

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Seite 1 von 1 « Seite Seite »
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!