Kubanische Sozialpolitik: Job rotation auf kubanische Art

19.03.2006 13:06 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 19.03.2006 13:08)
#1 Kubanische Sozialpolitik: Job rotation auf kubanische Art
( Gast )
Speziell für unsere Cuba-Si-Mitglieder ein kleiner Eindruck von der vorbildlichen Beschäftigungspolitik der kubanischen Regierung gegnüber älteren Arbeitnehmern.

Aus dem neutralen und unabhängigen "KillCastro-Weblog". Was allerdings nichts zur Sache tut, wenn es so stimmen sollte.

http://www.killcastro.com/blog/

Job rotation auf kubanische Art

[...]

It goes something like this:

The older worker (late 40s mid 50s) is called into the office of his superior (usually a young MALE who belongs to the party, and is told that due to his GREAT contributions to the revolution , etc etc .. they are going to give him/her a transfer to a nicer job.

Since in Kuba the concept of “promotions” is unheard of, the poor worker knows that something terribly wrong has just befallen him.

So the news comes, A man who has been working as a Construction Engineer and Project Supervisor for 25 years - making 260 pesos a month ($USD12) is being transferred to a nicer desk job , cut off from ANYTHING to do with actually handling product that can be sold or manipulated in the black market. The NICE job is sitting at a desk pushing paper. The next bit of news is that because the job is so much easier and with such lesser responsibilities his salary will be cut by 30%!

When the older worker gets incensed at this insult, he is told to GO HOME for a month (without pay) and THINK about it! "Take a month vacation (without pay) and sleep on it”

With little investigation they find out that they are being replaced by a 20+ year old making less than 50% of what they were making AND they happen to be members of the communist party.

So in one swoop , the government saves 80% of the salary they were paying and the person in charge is scared enough and green enough NOT to try to take a 1/4 lb of cement to fix a crack on his wall.

Angola veterans for some reason seem to be more likely to suffer this abomination (your guess is a good as mine) and if you are not a member of the party or were a member of the party and renounced your fate is sealed.

Now, I m aware of this because 4 members of my family have suffered through this in the last 5 months, 2 in La Habana , 1 in Holguin and 1 in Las Villas

One in La Habana was demoted to waiter after being an executive manager for a tourism chain. Same story.. Less money , less responsibility and totally cut off from any “side perks” like a free dinner at a restaurant.

So this is the future of the older men and women in Kuba. And THAT is why I HATED to see the Cuban players win, because if I was in Kuba regardless of what I had produced for that miserable prick right now, I could barely support my family.
AND … to ad insult to injury if the demoted employee happens to have family in the USA, the young communist prick delivers the suggestion that “Perhaps your family in the USA can help you financially”

What would the Unions in the USA would say to this? are they even aware of this.. I please urge all to distribute this travesty to as many people as you can . The slaves are being put on the sacrificial block and we MUST do something to help them

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Seite 1 von 1 « Seite Seite »
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!