Henry's stand against racism

20.12.2004 23:24
#1 Henry's stand against racism
Rey/Reina del Foro

PA

Thierry Henry chose a blazing red Che Guevara T-shirt and a black-and-white wristband for his appearance at FIFA's World Player of the Year awards gala to make a point about racism in football.

Arsenal's French striker wore a smart dark suit when he came to the event a year ago but he chose a revolutionary outfit in Zurich on Monday night, including a new bracelet to highlight an anti-racist campaign.

Henry said: "The wristband is just about racism. The players can not do very much when they are on the pitch, but this is a symbol of how we feel, it is part of a campaign.

"Perhaps we can help to make the public do something. I know it is difficult, but if we can stop it for an hour and a half at every match, if we can get fans to stand up and speak out, that is something good. That can be a victory.

"Maybe we cannot change the mentality of these people, but we can have a victory for an hour and a half each week at least. That is why I am wearing the bracelet - to help people be aware. It is a symbol of what we do."

Henry said he chose the T-shirt because he has been reading the diaries written by Guevara, the Argentinian who helped bring about the revolution in Cuba.

"He is a man that I admire for what he did and I have been reading his books - as simple as that."

http://www2.sbs.com.au/home/index.php3?id=52886

Cuba-Reiseinfos
avenTOURa

Antworten

Beitrag melden
21.12.2004 00:17 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 21.12.2004 01:27)
#2 RE:Henry's stand against racism
( Gast )

In Antwort auf:

Warum!? Für Fußball-Feinde, welche die Vorfälle in Spanien nicht kennen:
Bananen für den Neger
und Heuchelei auf hohem Ross und leider und so weiter...

In Antwort auf:
Henry said he chose the T-shirt because he has been reading the diaries written by Guevara, the Argentinian who helped bring about the revolution in Cuba.

"He is a man that I admire for what he did and I have been reading his books - as simple as that."

Ja, das schöne Shirt hält zumindest warm und die Bücher?

Denn die Realität für die dunklen Kubaner ist bekannt. Potenzieller Dieb oder Polizist. Schwarze Sportler und Musikanten dienen auf der Insel zur (Staatssäckel-)Unterhaltung bei.
Ansonsten ranghohe Militärs oder Politiker stellen dort doch eine geringe Minderheit dar.
Z.B. "Mono Lazo"(Ausdruck stammt aus SCU) ist kommunistischer als Castro und tausende Genossen(meist schon lange verstorben!) weltweit...

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Seite 1 von 1 « Seite Seite »
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!